Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Can't figure out this website in Dutch

So I made it to Amsterdam - got through the 8 1/2 hour direct flight from Chicago and came straight to work. My flight left Chicago at 6pm on Tuesday and arrived at 9am (local time) in Amsterdam. We're 7 hours ahead here, so technically - I should still be asleep. Usually I pass out in planes, but I had some work to do and was a little antsy so I only slept about 3 hours.It's now 2 pm here and I'm feeling kinda sickly - I think it's just spring-time allergies, but still...not something I really wanted to deal with today. Just the usual non-stop sneezing and stuffiness, but I'll get some meds when we leave. When I logged into this website to get my blog started, I realized that everything is in Dutch. I'll have to figure out a way to switch it back to English, but for now it's a little confusing. In my usual form, I'm making my list of things to do - but my head's so stuffed up and I'm so exhausted, I'm not really getting much done today. Luckily there isn't much to do. Out here at the Amsterdam location, it's pretty small so there's only 1 other guy and myself. Raphael's pretty nice, moved to Chicago a couple years ago from Mexico so he's still got the accent which causes me to have to think a minute before it registers what he just said. We spent the morning getting me updated with databases, policies, etc and my head is still spinning. So much to take in, but at least I have people here to help me out with everything. It's a good thing that I'm all about the budgeting, cause that's a HUGE part of this job.Anyways, enough about work. Next Monday we have a holiday, Queen's Day, so I get to celebrate it with about 8 other auditor's out here and in the surrounding areas. Should be pretty crazy. Check out this link for more info on what I'll probably be doing this weekend ;-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koninginnedag.

We're also planning to go to the Keukenhof Garden (Tulip Garden) since we're in the middle of Tulip season - it's supposed to be huge and pretty sweet. I'm also trying to get some people to take a bike tour with me since I heard that they're great and the weather is really nice this week. Besides that, I'm sure I'll be hitting up a few museums (Anne Frank, of course, among others) and maybe a couple of beer brewery tours.Alright - I should probably do some sort of work before the end of today...maybe get back to my lists and budgets.I'm pretty much on AIM or GMail chat whenever I'm at work and possibly a little bit when I get back to my hotel at night. SOOOO tired - I'm definitely gonna pass out as soon as I get to my hotel tonight though.

Tot straks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to help you with the Dutch! ;-)