Monday, November 19, 2007

RIP

So I stayed in tonight to catch up on some phone calls and get some rest since I've been pretty sickly lately...little did I know what one 5 min phone call would have in store for me.

RIP Kapali -
I can't even describe the numbness in my body. It feels like these "phone calls" have been happening all too frequently in my life lately and there's nothing I can do about it. It's hard enough to hear that someone you're close to (or was once very close to) could pass away...especially so young and so sudden. I was supposed to see you when I came home over Christmas to celebrate my bday like last year.

I know everyone has their own beliefs when things like this happen, but I hold on tightly to one thing my mom told me many years ago:
these people are taken away so they don't suffer later in life. God is sparing them from a greater pain down the line....and not to be cliche, but I know things happen for a reason.

Religion is another topic I don't dwell too much into with many people, but it's times like this when I really cling on to my Faith....it's the only way to justify something like this happening to someone so young and undeserving.
Unfortunately this isn't the first time that someone I was once close to passed away...another friend, Brian, passed away about 3 1/2 years ago - also unexpected and undeserving.

I know I'm still in great shock over this and I wish I was there just to be with Kapali's other friends and family for support. I can't even imagine how hard this is and will be for his family, but my thoughts and prayers are with them.

I met Kapali when I was a young and naive 15 year old and he taught me a lot. A lot about myself and things that I want/don't want...he probably affected my attitude on relationships more than I would have liked, but it is what it is and I've never regretted anything. It's helped shape who I am today. Over the years, we had our ups and downs, but we always ended up ok and as friends. Kapali had his quirks for sure, but he was truly a good guy who meant well. He was a great friend to more people than he'll ever realize...Kapali - you will be missed.

No comments: